With the specialist knowledge at hand we can handle all aspects of asbestos and answer any of your concerns or queries. We are independent consultants and can offer an unbiased opinion on all matters relating to asbestos. Being independent our fees are very competitive.
There are stringent health and safety regulations relating to asbestos that has been laid down by the Health and Safety Executive. We can advise on the best course of action to avoid infringement of the regulations.
Please feel free to have a look around our website and get in touch via the contact form.
We can assist in the following way:
- Take samples of any suspect asbestos and arrange for these to be analysed by a UKAS approved laboratory. Only asbestos trained surveyors are legally allowed to take samples.
- Arrange to carry out Asbestos Management and Refurbishment/Demolition Surveys. The surveys will be prepared in accordance with the Control of Asbestos at Work regulations 2012. It is a legal requirement that all commercial buildings are surveyed for asbestos and a management plan put into action. Whenever refurbishment or demolition work is proposed an in-depth asbestos survey must be carried out. We also carry out re-visit surveys and advice in managing the asbestos risk that may be required in the future.
- We carry out Asbestos Awareness Training which is a legal requirement for all persons that may be required to visit or work on sites where building work is being carried out. The training meets the syllabus approved by the HSE.
- Asbestos Management can take several forms. We can manage contracts where asbestos work is being carried out and ensure that the contractor is working to the current stringent regulations. Alternatively, we can prepare specifications and obtain competitive quotations for asbestos work and air sampling from tried and tested contractors. We can also manage the asbestos risk at your premises and advise on the best course of action to ensure that you meet the stringent H&S regulations. You can leave all your asbestos problems to us.
- Emergency Procedures. In cases of emergencies we can offer a 24 Hour service.
History of Asbestos in the UK
It was not until 1969 that regulations were brought in to protect all workers that may be exposed to the dangers of asbestos. Removal of asbestos was licensed in 1983 when it became a legal requirement for asbestos removal companies to be licensed when removing the more dangerous low density materials, i.e. sprayed coatings, insulation and insulation board. Over the years further regulations were brought in to give greater protection to those that may be exposed to asbestos. At the end of 1999 imports of asbestos were banned by the United Kingdom, followed by a ban in 2005 by the European Union.
Asbestos has been used in over 3,000 manufactured products including sprayed coatings, insulation, building boards, roof sheeting, floor coverings, flue pipes, rainwater goods and many more applications. It was known from early on that exposure to asbestos was injurious to health but this was generally ignored or forgotten.
It is important to know the age of the building to be surveyed because this gives an indication of the type of asbestos that may be present in the building.
Our customers are important to us.
Want to know what our customers think of us?
To see our latest reviews and to leave one yourself please click here.